Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Still Locked and Loving It!

Hello All!
It's been awhile since I have blogged about my Sisterlocks. I have officially been locked for 3.5 months, and I am still loving every minute of the journey. I have had two "re-tightening" sessions thus far. My first session was on January 18, 2013, four weeks after my initial installation. It lasted for 3.5 hours which really was not too bad. I had some slippage, which means that some of my locks slipped or unraveled, and  I had some new growth. My second "re-tightening" session took place on February 15, 2013. It only took 2.5 hours because I did not have much slippage and very little new growth. My Sisterlocks Consultant (SLC) decided that we would schedule my next re-tightening session for six weeks out, which will happen this Friday March 29, 2013. I definitely think that this week's re-tightening session will take at least 3 hours because of my new growth.
What I love about being locked is that it is so carefree. The only thing that I do on a daily basis is spritz my locks with water and go. I do wash my hair every two weeks. To do this, I braid my locks in about six loose braids and place rubber bands on the ends (band my ends), I then use the Sisterlocks shampoo to wash my hair. I put a mixture of the shampoo and water in a spray bottle. I use the spray bottle to saturate my parts/grid with the water/shampoo mix, and then I wash my hair in the shower focusing on my scalp and then each individual braid. For each individual braid, I simply work the water/shampoo out of the braid my squeezing it gently. It takes me about 20 minutes to do this,and I have a lot of hair! While this isn't really a complicated process, I look forward to the day when the ends of my locks have completely locked, and I can wash my hair without having to band it. Given the texture of my hair, this may take some time, but I have decided to embrace the process, because it truly can not be rushed nor can you predict how long the process will be. You truly have to let your hair "do what it do!" However, you can aid in the process by following the directions that your SLC gives you, and not deviating from those directions. I am so pleased with my hair, and with each passing day, I am so glad that I decided to get Sisterlocks. Besides, going back to the natural hair that God gave me, getting Sisterlocks was the best hair decision I have ever made!
3/16/13 Wild Child!!!


3/21/13 Even needing to be retighten... my sisterlocks still look cute!




3/24/13 I am definitely in need of a retighten session!

3/24/13 Look at my hairline, you can't even see the parts/grid!

No comments:

Post a Comment